CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Advanced Maternal Age.

In a few short weeks, I will be labeled "advanced maternal age". Not really a huge deal considering that my baby making days are over, however it's a label I don't necessarily want. It's funny the girls of the high school gang have always marveled in the notion that WE have in fact not aged at all since high school, in fact, WE believe that we have improved tremendously since high school. We talk about how WE don't look our age, how we look young, how we feel young, how you'd never guess that we're 34.

Guess that gloating would eventually come back to get me.

So in the last few weeks I've been noting some startling discoveries, seemingly overnight. See I never used to wear make up, now if I don't OMG, I'm really scary, even to myself! The other thing I've noted, when I put my eye shadow on the skin of my eyelids seems to stay in the "shadowed" position, and then it ever so slowly, creeps back to it's natural position. I can now see that gravity will be taking hold and that skin will soon not be sagging to the side, but downward.

Also, I have wrinkles around my eyes. Now I've lost 50 pounds in the last year, so I've decided to attribute that to weight loss, however, again...just appeared in the last 3 weeks, weight has been gone for a few months.....

So I officially look 34, soon to be 35, and really I'm not liking it one bit. I don't look so young in my minivan anymore. I fit right in at PTA meetings, I don't look like the teen mom.....

Ugh.....


Here are some pictures for Alison.....I think I started to age in these....

In other unrelated news, I'm officially crazy again....cookie bouquets for Valentine's Day! I'll post pictures when they are done....such a glutton for punishment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it. I had both my kids as an advanced maternal aged woman! I'm just sitting here waiting for my AARP magazine to start coming!

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

I have wrinkles, too. Just got them when I turned 35......
Happy belated my friend...you look beautiful.
suzanne

Anonymous said...

How so lovely her family her all family is very impressing I like her family.