CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

35

So I really didn’t think that 35 was going to be such a great birthday. R was sent home from school on Thursday with a fever, and woke up Friday feeling equally as crappy. I kinda thought that set the tone for the day. C was also sick, so to say I didn’t have high hopes would be an understatement.

Wow was I wrong. I spent the morning sewing Easter dresses for the girls and their American Girl dolls. The girls were really good, just playing nicely in between doses of meds. My Mom stopped by and brought me iced coffee and we sat and chatted at the kitchen table, which was nice just to relax. It was rainy and gross, so I really didn’t mind staying in. I was shocked when the flower van pulled up and Chris and Carol sent me the cutest arrangement of hydrangeas and Gerber daisies. That was so unexpected and awesome!

The Suit came home with tulips and daffodils and Chinese food, and we all just hung in and R read us some books (I’m so proud of her learning to read!) and I was asleep by 9. Sounds lame, but it was truly a perfect day. EVERYONE remembered my birthday, by cards, phone calls, or emails, which felt fabulous. I was relaxed and felt really loved. Truly a great day. J

This morning the girls woke up sick still, so I decided that a trip to the doctor was in order. I’m glad we went. They both have walking pneumonia. R has a sinus infection on top of pneumonia. C has a double ear infection on top of pneumonia. Sweet girls, no wonder they feel so terrible. Considering what they have, they have truly been remarkable. They are both on antibiotics and R is out of school until at least Tuesday. We go to the doctor on Wednesday for a re-check, so hopefully their little lungs will have cleared.

So thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, if I didn’t reply or call you back, I apologize, I’ve had my hands full with the girls, but hopefully they are on the road to recovery…and then my 35-ness will truly hit me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Happy birthday!!!

Hope the girls feel better soon!!