CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Good shape.

So R's school party went very well, the other Room Mom that was supposed to help with the party was MIA as her hubby surprised her with a holiday cruise! So I was flying solo. I had to bring cupcakes and pizza. I was informed by R's teacher that the kids never eat the cupcakes, but these were extraordinary, and teachers and kids from other classes were coming in to sample! The FI Suit sure can make a mean cupcake. The highlight of the party was C was asked to stay for the movie and playground time! I left her for about 90 minutes with the 4K class, and to say she was thrilled would be an understatement. I swear that was better to her than any Christmas present. A few kids were missing (cruising), and C immediately filled in an empty seat and snuck (spell check says this isn't a word, I think it should be, I'm writing Webster's) right in in for cupcakes, juice boxes, and pizza. Guess I won't have any trouble sending her to school next year.

I have to say I'm not one to get sappy, but I feel so lucky to have found this school. The teachers are wonderful, and the whole place is just amazing. There are only 4 classes, each with 10 kids, so it's small. Everyone knows everyone. I gave the director, helper, and R's teacher a little gift bag on Thursday before the program (early because I knew I couldn't carry all that stuff and the party stuff on Tuesday) and all three were so appreciative. R got three personal handwritten thank you notes in her going home bag on Tuesday! Isn't that crazy? All three women also made it a point to personally thank me and it wasn't generic they commented on each item in the bag. I felt so good, but at the same time I have to wonder do other parents not do little gifts? I really didn't see too many little gift bags when I left, so I can only speculate, but I hope they are treated well, they are truly wonderful women. C will go to this same school for 2 years, so I just feel so fortunate!

Ok enough sappiness.

Christmas Eve is shaping up to be awesome. About 30 people, I'm psyched. I've done all of my baking, made caramel corn, pretty much finished shopping, wrapped all the gifts, sent all the little gifts to the FI Suit's unappreciative work, and gotten started cleaning. Most of the stuff I need to do now has to wait. We've also had a Christmas Day change of plans, originally my sister was not coming Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but they've had a change of heart, so now we're traveling to her house Christmas Day with our beef tenderloin roast. The kids will have a blast, I'm sure.

Well I have about 20 magazines to read because I'm cleaning off my end tables to make room for alcoholic beverages on Christmas Eve!

If I don't have a chance, Merry Christmas! Hope Santa is good to you. :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What, no update on the ceiling?? Nobody is going to forget about that if you keep calling him "FI Suit" ;))

Anonymous said...

Is your ceiling fixed??? I can totally agree about finding a great school! Victoria's is awesome too.

We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry, merry Christmas to you, my friend.

I've had to speed read the mags to make room before... LOL!

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
I Love that you found a great school. When kids are starting school having a good experience with a good teacher makes all the difference in how they view school. So far I too have been lucky.