CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Imelda Marcos

So I'm living with Imelda Marcos. R has about 30 pairs of shoes/flip flops/sneakers. I realize this is absurd, but for the most part they are given to us by our neighbor. Well R has decided that shoes do not belong in her closet on the shoe rack, but they should be lined up on her empty wall space. I so should have taken a picture, but I didn't. Any hoo.......this line up of shoes reminds me of the play room toy line up last year, all neatly arranged ready for take off.

Now R is a bit of a neat freak some times, hence the line up, but like me the neat freak stuff comes and goes. I have been barely able to open her bedroom door for a few weeks (since she decided the closet wasn't worthy of her shoe collection), because there is a "line" right in the door path. Well today I decided I was done, SHOE PURGE USA.

Oh she's going to be so pissed! I got rid of about 10-12 pairs that she does not wear and the rest are in her closet on the rack. She had decided her closet was her clubhouse and was using her laundry basket for books, (the toy box in her room was suddenly filled with dirty clothes) and she had all her "stuff" in there, with little notes taped on the walls, etc. Gone, gone, gone.

Do you remember when your Mom would do this as a kid? I remember being happy at first coming home from school to find my room in order, but then you started looking for "things" that were missing....well at about 2:30 today that will be R.

All cheapo birthday party favors-purged.
All McDonald's happy meal toys-purged.
All random accessories-purged.

Listen closely you just might hear the screaming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL I hope she didn't freak to bad...LOL

Anonymous said...

That will be our house today!! Gotta make room for Santa next haul.