CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another year in review.

I'm feeling very When Harry Met Sally. I'm going to be turning 34 in 2007, that might as well be 40. 34. When did that happen? I truly do not feel much different than when I was say, 24, 14, yes, 4 yes. 34.

The antibiotics have kicked in with R and I ended up putting C on a dose as well. We were able to go to the Y for some swimming today, which was really fun. We haven't been in a long time, with me coaching and soccer, etc. We need to go more often. We will.

The last year has been pretty good. Things in Married Land are going swimmingly, we're still quite happy, heading into our 7th anniversary. Do you get the seven year itch after being married 7 years, or is it together 7 years? We've been together 9, so I'm hoping it's the latter and that we're now in the "safe" zone.

I have to say R and C are truly amazing girls. R is quite serious and likes to organize. She's a cleaner, she's responsible, she's a snuggler, she's a hugger, she wants to be with me or her Daddy whenever she can. C is a free spirit, she's positively hysterical, she can entertain herself for hours, she's independent, she's a leader, she adores her sister, she has boundless energy.

It's funny people said that I'd be happy that I had them 18 months apart, but I didn't believe them. They are truly best friends. Everyday I'm amazed at their bond, they play so well, they look out for one another, they also cover for each other. They still have their few disagreements, but I'm blessed, they are wonderful.

Today we three Parker girls were snuggling in bed, and I felt so lucky, so very lucky. They were giggling and there was some thumb sucking, and I was reflecting on the last 12 months. R played soccer for the first time. C followed 6 months later. R and C both found new friends, R started pre-school. C became fully potty trained and gave up her paci, R still visits our bed at night, but it's becoming less and less, and truly, when she stops, I will miss her warm snuggles. Both learned how to ride bikes with training wheels. R started to choose her own outfits. They both gave up Mommy's "bows". They shared a week at Disney World. They lost their only Grampy, they are none the wiser, but I feel sad for them. R can dive from the starting block, C can swim all by herself. C got her Tinkerbelle bedroom, she also got her ponyride for her birthday. R can write her name, C can recognize hers.

I can't possibly come up with all the amazing things that they've done throughout 2006, and I can only imagine what 2007 will bring. Kindergarten for R...pre-school for C.......sadness for me. I miss them already. Sleep tight sweet girls, see you next year.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy New Year to you, your beautiful girls, and the FI Suit! I know you will build more precious memories in 2007 and I look fwd to reading about them here! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated New Years!!